When all the frames are made, it’s time to raise them.
- You will need some more people to help, as the frames will be large and heavy.
- You will attach bracing timber supports before lifting, and use them to help raise the frame. These can then be reused later in the building process.
- Make sure the foundations and paving slabs layers are showing
- Move the frame group horizontally to align with the structural frame plan post locations
- Rotate the frame 90° to vertical
- Move the frame vertically down to the ground, to sit on the foundation piles
- The bottom of the ground floor beam should be aligned at the grid height if you were accurate in your work and measurements
Brace the frame:
- Select the “bracing timber” layer
- Drop in bracing timber components, and align at approx 45° joined to the posts, to secure the frames and stop them falling over.
- When building, the frame spacing is measured, and their positions adjusted and then rebraced to ensure accuracy.